Thursday 6 November 2014

Using Online Mind Map Software


For me using mind maps in my work has always been something that is quick and full of scribbles, a piece of work, which Is there for quick thinking. Throwing ideas onto paper without the intention of ever tidying it up and using it to look back on. 

From using them for years in this way, I don’t see the need for online software to make them look all neat and tidy, although it seems they are a lot more professional and presentable presented like this. I understand that in some fields that this may be a handy tool for showing your mind maps to other people but is it really better than having a huge piece of paper and multiple people throwing ideas down?

I looked at a few web based programs which do just this, they help you present your mind map in a professional way, although I completely think www.bubbl.us is not a good example of these programs (It is not nice to look at, from a design perspective)


I searched and found www.coggle.it which I made the embedded mind map on and I think it is a much better looking piece of software, it is simple to use and is very user friendly and if the idea of using this software to present mind maps then that should be the highest priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment